The big addition to the list this week is “Escape From Tomorrow,” the Sundance hit which was filmed guerrilla-style at Disney parks, and was released theatrically on Friday.
While the film took in a mediocre $66,112 from 30 theaters, averaging $2,204, Producers Distribution Agency head John Sloss has said he will make the VOD numbers available, a rarity. We’ll let you know as soon as he does.
It’s worth noting that “V/H/S” is an iTunes “Movie of the Week” and is available to rent for 99 cents, which could help to explain its popularity.
The top 10 indies in iTunes are listed below (number represents North American gross, where applicable):
1. Stuck in Love (Millenium Ent., $81, 071)
2. The Bling Ring (A24, $5,845,732)
3. The Kings of Summer (CBS Films, $1,315,500)
4. 1 (Spitfire Pictures, N/A)
5. Europa Report (Magnolia Pictures, $125,687)
6. The Place Beyond the Pines (Focus Features, $21,403,519)
7. Vikingdom (KRU Studios, N/A)
8. Concussion (Radius-TWC, $8,313)
9. Escape From Tomorrow (Producers Distribution Agency, $66,100)
10. V/H/S (Magnolia Pictures, $100,345)
How many have you seen